Monday, May 23, 2011

Why #NoSCAF?

** SCAF stands for: Supreme Council of Armed Forces -- المجلس الاعلى للقوات المسلحة 

** Before I start this post I want to clear out that there is a BIG difference between the army and the SCAF, the SCAF is a managerial board. And I only mean this board.

We revolted. With every revolution comes drastic changes. These changes are according to the will of the people according to the revolutionary legitimacy. 

The SCAF as I clearly recall was forced upon us. I don't recall voting for them in a poll. This is the first reason why the SCAF shouldn't continue. It's not the will of the people.

I am not going to emphasize on certain acts by the SCAF rather I am going to talk about general behaviors. 

  1. Why is everything related to the SCAF is a big mystery? What really happened on March 9th? What's with all  the hidden secrets? We revolted because we didn't feel we belonged to this country; why is the SCAF using the same sleazy techniques the past regime used?
  2. What's with the military prosecutions to civilians? What the hell are you thinking? THEY ARE CIVILIANS. CIVILIANS GOD DAMNIT. I know everyone can understand this point so I am going to move to another point.
  3. Why does the SCAF think we're too dumb to know our own good.Why do they treat us as a 5 year old that only cares about his food? Why did Etman come out and say the troops emptying Tahrir were unarmed and it was clearer than the sun in July that there was indeed gunshots everywhere. I saw the empty shell cases myself. The SCAF has been for the past 30 years trained or has lived in an environment that only works by manipulating its people. That doesn't work anymore.
  4. Why is there unjustified delay in the prosecution of the figures of the old regime? And why isn't there any charges but illegal earnings? What happened to disturbing/manipulating the political life in Egypt? And why doesn't the SCAF want to issue a law to incriminate that?
  5. Let's assume for a second that the SCAF came after a national wide spread acceptance, what has the SCAF done so far to protect the revolution or even work on fulfilling its demands? Where is the part which any elected regime should do called listening and doing what the people want?
  6. Why should I after such a revolution be afraid of writing my opinion on a blog or going to the streets to say my opinion? One of the MAIN DEMANDS was FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
  7. I said I am not going to talk about specifics but I have to talk about the constitutional declaration. Why would a regime that enforces the will of the people write down such a shameful declaration? Why so much power? Also another point; Why the hundred thousand signature to extend the SCAF ruling? So if I get the same number of signatures to bring back Mubarak -and we know it's not that hard- you'll bring him back?
These are in a hurry my thoughts about #NoSCAF.

The previous post is about Why #May27? Check it to know why everyone should go to Tahrir that day.

See you all on the 27th.



No comments:

Post a Comment